- 200-225 gms spaghetti
- 1 tbsp or 1.5 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 3-4 garlic, finely chopped or minced ( i have added an extra touch of garlic, but you can reduce to 1-2 garlic)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper as required
- boil about 3-4 cups of water with 1 tsp of salt.
- add the spaghetti.
- don’t break the spaghetti like we do for noodles.
- keep them whole and place in water.
- once they start cooking, they will start settling down in the water.
- stir occassionally and let the spaghetti cook in the water for 8-10 mins or till they become al dente.
- they should be cooked but still have a bite.
- drain and place them in a bowl.
- cover the bowl, so that the spaghetti does not dry.
- heat the olive oil in a small frying pan.
- lightly brown the garlic with salt
- add the garlic-oil mixture to the spaghetti.
- add red chili flakes and parsley.
- season with salt and black pepper.
- mix well and serve the spaghetti olio e aglio immediately