A lovely baked treat to enjoy on a cold winter afternoon 🙂
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Warm the oven to 200 degrees and then turn it off.
- Boil a quart of water and put it into a shallow pan on the lowest oven rack.
- Put the two loaves of frozen bread dough on a greased jelly roll pan and place the pan into the oven. Allow the dough to thaw and rise for 2-4 hours.
- Using a kitchen shears, cut each loaf of dough into about 14 sticks.
- Mix together the baking soda and the warm water.
- Dip the dough sticks into the baking soda and water solution.
- Place the pretzel sticks on a silicone mat on a baking sheet (or a just grease the baking sheet).
- Bake the pretzel sticks at 425 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip the pretzel sticks into the melted butter and then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.