This is the final recipe of the so called “baking week” that I did a little while ago. Really, if you can even call it a week; when I only promise 3 recipes & didn’t even get to the third one because of my apparent laziness that week. SO! Here is the third & final recipe of the sugar free / dairy free / wheat free baking week (that ended two weeks ago…).!
2 1/4 cups ~ gluten free Cup 4 Cup Flour
1 teaspoon ~ baking powder
1 teaspoon ~ baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoon ~ cinnamon
1 teaspoon ~ salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup ~ soy milk
3 bags ~ chai tea (your favourite)
3 ~ medium ripe bananas
1/2 cup ~ coconut oil
1/2 cup ~ agave
1/2 cup ~ honey
2 ~ eggs
1 teaspoon ~ vanilla
- ) Preheat oven to 350 degrees(F). Pour milk & chai into saucepan & bring to a simmer. Once heated, remove from stovetop, let steep for about 20 minutes.
- ) Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, salt & nutmeg in a bowl, set aside.
- ) In a mixing bowl, cream together the coconut oil, agave & honey. One at a time add the eggs.
- ) In a small bowl, smash the bananas together. Remove the tea bags from the chai milk & add the liquid to the mashed bananas.
- ) Add the banana mixture to the mixing bowl with the eggs & stir in vanilla.
- ) Combine flour mixture and stir until fully combined.
- ) Grease 2 loaf pans and pour an equal amount of the batter into each.
- ) Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean from the centre of the bread.
- ) Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before cutting up & serving.
- ) Serve with your choice of yogurt, whipped cream or ice cream! (I used Natrel’s Lactose Free 35% Whipping Cream)
Recipe adapted from Spoon Fork Bacon 🙂